Tuesday 11 April 2017

Day 101, 11 Apr 2017: Let the fun begin...

Day 101: ...after the rain

Last day of untimetabled freedom for the next 16 weeks, for tomorrow the fun begins. Actually, for me, it doesn't start until Thursday when I have my first class chichis why, when I awoke to rain and very cold temperatures I decided that there probably any urgency for me to go to the office, I could prepare just as well here. 

I was only thinking of others really. Imagine if I went off today, in the cold and rain and, being just post-airline air-conditioning, and I caught a cold? I wouldn't be able to greet the new cohort of students would I? And that would be a shame. 

So work at home I did. Reading, thinking, preparing. Reflecting the content of the conference and how I will make use of that this year. 

And then, in the afternoon rain, the chirping. Chirping! It sounded rather close, under the window or somewhere similar. 

seeking shelter

Still looking

it looked that wet

Something around the corner perhaps...

Anyone looking?

Go!


There they were, two little birds trying to escape the wet. 

I really must redouble my efforts to learn Japanese bird names this year. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 5.42pm-5.43pm; 11 April 2017]