Tuesday 18 April 2017

Day 108, 18 Apr 2017: Show me your tulips!

Day 108: ...that is all (I need, on a day like today)

I know I wandered through the tulip beds near work just a couple of weeks ago but knowing that they will be on their way out forced a detour in their general direction again this morning on the way to the office. 

And indeed, just as I expected, a lot of them have gone and just a few select colours left...

Yellow : spotted

Centre

Rich

Variegated 

Hues of pinks

Stand out

Red on yellow

Open

Curls

Overlap

Striped

...but I have just as much fascination with the petals on their way out as those that are freshly bloomed. 

I really didn't need much more than that today, although there were a couple interesting pics of note in the late afternoon. 

Cap park shadows lengthen

Surface


And I've joined a gym. No, I don't believe it either. Perhaps it will stave off the shrivelled petal look for a few years yet...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.19pm-12.25pm, 5.38pm-5.39pm; 18 April 2017]