Monday 24 April 2017

Day 113, 23 Apr 2017: A side to Tokyo...

Day 113: ...I don't usually see

My brother and his friends are spending their last couple of days in town. Today, a glorious Tokyo spring blue sky day, was the 'BBQ' day. Yep, a BBQ, in the Tokyo suburbs. There was a strong Australian influence among the crowd of attendees, most of whom had spent some time in Australia or around Australians at various times. 

Very interesting. 

I put the camera away for much of the day for while there were pics and snaps being taken hither and thither, I opted for the 'people-watching' seat at the table (not to mention the heavy-duty politics conversations I found myself in, with Japanese people who were only too happy to have the chance to discuss these things in Japanese. 

Bamboo shoots (and leaves) 

Light and shade

Shinjuku platform 1

Shinjuku platform 2

Station plant boxes

Finally, the bus


A few pics on the way and then elements of the transport all the way home. It was a most interesting, and different, sort of day. A side to Tokyo I don't often see. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 9.49am, 7.25pm-8.11pm; 23 April 2017]