Monday 3 April 2017

Day 93, 3 Apr 2017: How quickly passeth the day...

Day 93: ...when there is much on your plate

Forgive me, dear reader, if I appear somewhat distracted. My mind is now firmly turned towards this week's conference in Chicago, a presentation on Thursday, effectively, and yet I am still here at work in Tokyo. Time and the modern jet age continues to make me marvel at life. 

Today was also the induction ceremony for new staff and all-staff meeting for the rest of us--a 'stirring' three hours of plans and forward thinking for the university. Tomorrow is the welcome ceremony for all the new students entering university after a season of entrance exams. 

In fact, all around the place today we saw people beginning their working lives as the new financial year started (well, it started on Saturday actually, but today was the first working day...); never so obvious as on the train ride home tonight with new suits and outfits everywhere, young people carrying their orientation packages and working out their new commuting patterns. 

Good luck all.

The camellias in the bamboo grove, by the bus stop

On a mission

Into the clouds (on Wednesday)



And as a friend said to me today, I'm no longer the 'new person on the block', no excuses anymore. And that is true. It is really time to get stuck into doing all the things I must do...but first there is a conference to attend. 

[Camera : iPhone6S, 9.46am; Lumix TZ-85, 3.53pm; 3 April 2017]