Tuesday 11 April 2017

Day 95, 5 Apr 2017: Time to fly...

Day 95: ...but a possible last look

Following yesterday's festivities and greetings, it is time to fly out to my conference. Not my usual flight to Australia but my occasional flight to the US for the Midwest Political Science Association's Annual Conference. I've missed the last couple for a few reasons (last year's being my move to Tokyo) but I enjoy going not the least reason being that it is held in Chicago in the famous Palmer House, rich with history.

But, before we go, one last glimpse of the cherry blossoms around Ikebukuro...

Through the sculptures

Sun on sakura

The theatre building backdrops the trees

A little reflection in pink

Thirsty work

Panes : sakura

Illusory

Bloomer



They're not quite out in their fullest glory but almost there. I'll miss the peak while I'm away so this will have to do. 

Prepare for a long flight...(though not quite as long as flying from Australia to Chicago, it is true).

(Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.59am-12.05pm; 5 April 2017]