Tuesday 11 April 2017

Day 95 part 2, 5 Apr 2017 (again): On landing...

Day 95 (ii): ...scenes from a hotel

Passing over the international dateline at some point during the day, or night, means I've arrived before I left, or somesuch. Hence a double day. Not that there is anything really to show for it. An extraordinarily long walk through customs (skeleton staff) and pouring rain (meaning a 60 minute ride to downtown that should take about 30 minutes) left me with little to do except admire the indoor scenery. 

A ferris wheel in the pic (so I'd feel at home...)

Table lamp, solid

Mirror, mirror on the wall

Patterns and peacocks


And truly, the rooms at Palmer, indeed the whole hotel, leave you feeling like you've walked into some 1920s movie set. It is one of the reasons I keep coming back to this conference. (The other reasons include Chicago, Chicago, Chicago; oh, and the conference proper, always enlightening.)

Time to read through my presentation ready for the panel tomorrow, one of the early sessions...

Goodnight, from downtown Chicago.

{Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 8.57pm-8.59pm (local time); 5 April 2017 (local time)]