Tuesday 2 May 2017

Day 122, 2 May 2017: Time to pause...

Day 122: ...and watch the birds

It was a rather spectacular day today. No unusual rain events like yesterday, just sun, from sun-up to sun-down. Perfect for those who have taken advantage of this series of public holidays and managed to have yesterday and today off as well as the rest of the 'official' holidays from tomorrow. 

A few errands had me out and about at lunchtime, down to the shops near the campus. On the way back, I just paused on a park bench for a few minutes...

On a clear day, you can see...

New leaves : blue sky

The shape of a bird

Stepping down

A wink?

Sparrow!

They move faster than...

...mice. Difficult to get a focussed shot

These remind me of the miners at home

But I don't think they're related

One last smell of the 'roses' before we go



It was nice to take that time out to count the birds. And the few moments soaking up the sun were probably a big improvement on the fluorescent light tan I'm usually subject to during the day. 

I keep saying it but I should, really should, do this more often. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.39pm, 2.37pm-2.42pm; 2 May 2017]