Saturday 6 May 2017

Day 126, 6 May 2017: A (not so) quiet day...

Day 126: ...in the library?

Saturday, the end of a long week of public holidays and the working week looming. Next week I have to give a guest lecture and as is the way with these things, you say 'yes' months in advance without thinking, then...

BANG

...the day is (almost) upon you. Well, that day is coming. And rather head to campus and risk the gate still being closed (see yesterday...) I opted for the National Library, on the same train line. What could be wrong with that? It is Saturday, still within cooee of the holidays, surely I'd have the place almost to myself. 

WRONG, so wrong.

It was packed to the brim, all the computer catalogues in use, the lines for resources retrieval and copying long...and my preferred coffee shop closed (as it does on the first and third Saturdays of the month). 

By the time I was done, there was little to do but to 'pause' on the way out and refresh my view of the sculpture, 'Pause'...it is a favourite and it does have a calming effect. 

Pausing (for effect) 

But not for long

'Pause' from a distance 

Looking back (on a day's work)

No visit is complete without a snap of Parliament House

Sunset colours 


A lovely sky to end the night but there is follow-up work to do tomorrow. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.35pm-4.37pm, 6.42pm; 6 May 2017]