Sunday 7 May 2017

Day 127, 7 May 2017: Just a short stroll...

Day 127: ...to clear the mind...

...and keep working on the lens work.

A day at home base today mainly to run through details for this week's guest lecture. It's looming. Late in the afternoon I decided to take the macro lens and new shoes for a test run to the local botanical garden. I was last there in summer so I was keen to see what spring in the sounds offered. 

Quite a bit, as it happens, though not quite what I was expecting. 

Yellow and purple

new pine needles 

Into the centre (with ant)

Botan

Purples on the edge

Dandelion

Well

Bamboo

Leaf

Lantern decoration

centred

Whites

Rose petals

Solo

Bunched

Botan centre

All the orange

Budding

Urban rose

I had hoped for a little more flowering this time. There didn't seem to be much more than last time but enough spots of colour here and there to make the walk worthwhile. The shoes pass with flying colours. The macro lens work? Needs more work I think. 

*Resolves to work harder*

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 100mm f/2 macro, 24mm-105mm; Lumix TZ-85, 3.33pm-4.36pm; 7 May 2017]