Monday 8 May 2017

Day 128, 8 May 2017: Is that a dust cloud I see...

Day 128: ...atmospheric oddities as far as the eye can see 

Libraries might be my favourite places but sometimes it seems they could be just a little unhealthy. At least, I'm attributing my present bout of not quite wellness to my sojourn in the library on Saturday; there seemed to be too many people in close proximity coughing and sneezing and an air conditioning system that perhaps wasn't quite coping. 

At least, that seemed like a reasonable explanation. 

On the other hand, the weather bureau reported the onset of the red-yellow dust which blows over from the mainland ... perhaps that was it. 

Either way, I had to get to work one way or another so off I went. And looking out the window, the atmosphere suggested the dust clouds. It cast a particular hue over the water and sky most of the day...

Watching the changes in the light over the bridge was one indicator...

Could barely see the bridge at one stage

Of course little yella kept working

and working

The bridge lightened up a little

There's a faint cloud of dust over the bridge now 

Big wake

Even the wheel was tinged

And then the moon



At the end of the day, I'm still not sure whether to blame the weather, the dust or the library. Perhaps it was all of the above.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.27pm-2.52pm, 4.14pm, 4.32pm, 5.23pm-5.25pm, 6.14pm; 8 May 2017]