Thursday 11 May 2017

Day 131, 11 May 2017: Don't be too pushy...

Day 131: ...though sometimes it is necessary

And no dear reader, this is not to be a treatise on my teaching philosophy. That is for the other blog. Besides, I've given up being pushy in the classroom. Really.

No, today while I was working away on ways to get students to engage with their studies, I marvelled at the efforts of a couple of tugs across the way, just doing what they do. Quite fascinating big little boats really. 

Push

Pushing

Pushingest

Yep, 'just married', or modelling
That cloud of dust (let's hope) continues to hang around and then, some of the other 'regular' sights of the day remind me I'm not really working in a run-of-the-mill kind of place.   

And finally, the moon...

A smear of brown

Rising over the port (from the office)

And on the way to the station


Today we lost one of our supreme broadcasters, Mark Colvin of the ABC. His loss is felt widely. A perfect interviewer, never pushy. And he could tell a story. It has made the day a very different sort of day. Vale Mr Colvin. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.03pm-2.04pm, 2.31pm, 5.21pm, 7.58pm, 8.53pm; 11 May 2017]