Wednesday 17 May 2017

Day 136, 16 May 2017: If at first you don't succeed...

Day 136: ...keep at it

I'm preparing a couple or three publication submissions at the moment: a book, a couple of articles, a new conference paper...the list goes on.

I'm also aiming to be more diligent, more focussed on getting that work done without looking out the window too much (and imagining myself back at the beach--see yesterday and the day before). 

I am also getting myself off to the gym at the end of each weekday, so I'm really working on the focussed bit (I'm still working on it).

But there is also something about being ten floors above while the rest of the world works below. Sometimes you see the most interesting things.

Like these lads, working on their skateboard moves...

Over, or through?

Almost there 

Planning a move

And again

Well, that's one way to do it

Once more, with grace

Still there, as the lights came on (and I went to the gym)


Now skateboarding, along with surfing, is a demonstration sport at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics so one could argue that I was doing a little comparative research with this observation. And despite a stint with skateboarding myself back in the dark ages 1970s, I'm glad I chose surfing, much more my pace. 

But good luck to the lads, they certainly spent a lot of time working on their moves. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, on extreme telephoto lens mode, 5.03pm-5.08pm, 6.30pm; 16 May 2017]