Thursday 18 May 2017

Day 138, 18 May 2017: The best seat in the house...

Day 138: ...isn't always mine

I like to think my view of the world is pretty hard to beat. By which I mean, my actual office view. My political views are always open to debate. But I digress. 

Today, however, there were a few people I might have been willing to swap places with, just for a change of view. 

The port was busy today with the barges which, amongst other projects, are busy with infrastructure for the Tokyo Olympics. And I suppose someone has to sit high and dry to keep all the pipes in place. 

Then there were the window cleaners, heads in the clouds today...

Like barges passing in the day (I expect it is dangerous for barges to pass in the night...)

Holding the pipes together

Under the bridge

All the way through to the end

Leaving traces

Working in the clouds


A student visited my office today to enquire about some readings. She saw the view of the port from my office today for the first time. I might be used to it but it takes a student or another visitor to remind me, it really is a grand view. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.11am-11.46am; 18 May 2017]