Monday 22 May 2017

Day 142, 22 May 2017: Another day at the office...

Day 142: ...another day on the port

But with added colour and shape. There was a new boat on the 'block' today, low sides, moving sideways. Turned out it sidled up to one of the ships in port to, what, transfer stuff I suppose. And it did its job and the went away. 

Sometimes, I think I'd like a job like that, turn up, do it, go away. I don't know quite what that might be these days but I do know teaching keeps you at the desk for more hours than most people realise. Or, when I say teaching, being Monday, I mean a research day as we begin to flesh out the new round of research grant proposals. 

On approach

Not one for big waves

Spinning around

Sidling up

Lil yella of course

Hull

More colourful hull


Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the sea...sometimes I just think I'd like a job there...but I'll just watch from afar for now. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.18pm-1.14pm, 2.19pm, 4.19pm, 5.27pm; 22 May 2017]