Tuesday 23 May 2017

Day 143, 23 May 2017: A walk in the park...

Day 143: ...before a session in the gym

Sometimes, dear reader, I don't know what I have become. Gym. I find myself looking forward to my session in the gym each day (or every other day, depending on work commitments; I guess it is not quite an everyday obsession. Yet). I took the long way round today, opting to stroll through the park I can see from my office. From above, it looked like some new flowers were beginning to bloom (last year it was the hydrangeas, this year?). I thought it was worth a look.

The view from above

'Park/Garden'

Pink

Hydrangeas!

Newer hydrangeas

In the distance, the wheel

Spotted?

Not bothered...


This park is quite close to where a lot of the boats we see on the port make their way into the canals and beyond near the university. It usually full of all sorts of activities but this evening, it had quietened down a bit. 

Earlier in the day I spotted one of the 'Mario' go-karts which seem to have become rather popular among tourists. They travel in packs of six or seven on the regular roads and are beginning to cause a few headaches for the police. 

Karting


The walk to the park added a few extra steps to my daily goal of 10,000+ too. Fitness. We're getting there.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 3.48pm, 5.48pm-6.07pm; 23 May 2017]