Wednesday 31 May 2017

Day 150, 30 May 2017: Cruisin'...

Day 150: ...filmin'...that sort of day

Yes, the semester is more or less cruising along, and so was the port. I've not been on a cruise. I've no particular opposition to the idea but let's just say it is not high on the list of things I might do in the near or distant future. 

But I have noticed some smaller cruisers/sleekish ferries pass through the port regularly. I'm guessing, from the advertising I see around the place, that these are the vessels that cruise around the coast of Japan, to and from the various islands. 

And I did, for a moment, think that perhaps that mightn't be a bad idea. Three or four days, taking a look around from a different perspective. 

It was a bit of a day for the imagination as down below, in the 'wedding village', it looked like something was being filmed.


Preparing for departure

Cruisin' 1

Film set 1

Cruisin' 2

Film set 2


I gather the filming included a famous person or two, judging by the crowd of onlookers along the bridge.

Cruising, filming, imagining...just another day by the Bay. 

[Camera Lumix TZ-85, 3.48pm, 4.56pm, 7.07pm; 30 May 2017]