Thursday 8 June 2017

Day 158, 8 Jun 2017: How many metaphors...

Day 158: ...fit on the head of a pin?

...or how a day on the port can look like a day in the office. 

I'm very fortunate really. The job I have is one I like and I really have very little to complain about. Except for administrivia. And it is seeping into the Japanese tertiary system in the same way it came to plague the Australian system and its inhabitants. 

Today was one of those days where I had to sign up to a new research website (which I wasn't particularly keen to do) which also required recalling other login and password details for previous such websites, none of which were responding easily, quickly nor without much foot-stamping and head-desking (all in the privacy of my own office, dear reader, of course). 

You're either going round and round in circles, in the middle of a traffic jam, feeling like speeding away, and finding in the end it was such a little thing after all (that just took up most of the day...).

How did they avoid each other...

Speed away, speed away, speed away

Round and round

Such a small thing really, in the end



Funnily, the port was playing along with the game today. Administrivia 0-Port 1. I think. Where  would I be without my view...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.21pm, 3.22pm; 7 June 2017]