Tuesday 20 June 2017

Day 170, 19 Jun 2017: A necessary pause in proceedings...

Day 170: ...with obstructed intentions

I realised late last week that by the time I reached Monday this week, I will have worked at or on behalf of the University for 15 days straight. Monday is currently my 'research day' so I decided that a day away from campus might be a good thing to do. For my mental health and others.

I thought briefly about a trip to the library but decided that wouldn't be quite the pause in proceedings I needed (not that there is anything wrong with the library of course...). My next thought was a visit to a cultural centre downtown I have been planing to get to for some time. Closed Mondays. OK, next plan...a newish gallery featuring a favourite artist. Closed Mondays. I could see a pattern developing here. 

I had hoped to get down to Kamakura (for research purposes of course, being a research day and all) but the forecast in the afternoon was for rain...

OK, stay home and catch up on reading. And playing. And by playing I mean musical instruments.

I have a new 'toy': a digital instrument which is based on the saxophone but it can 'sound' like about 40 other instruments at the flick of a switch...

It's a Roland Aerophone

Keys here...

And here, like this

Speaker one

Just like, almost like, the real thing


OK, it is my first venture into the electronic music area. It is interesting. It saves lugging around all the woodwinds I usually play. It won't replace them completely but it will keep me in practice.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 7.54pm-7.55pm; 19 June 2017]