Sunday 2 July 2017

Day 182, 1 Jul 2017: Politics indoors...

Day 182: ...politics outdoors...

Politics everywhere. Good thing it is my day job. Today I attended a workshop on Japanese politics and security issues. It was also the last day of campaigning for the Tokyo Metropolitan election on tomorrow. 

Normally I would have been out and about collecting research and teaching materials--this election has turned out to be a rather fiercely contested election (for reasons I won't go into here, it is not that type of blog, but normally local elections fly under the radar)--but I was at the workshop instead.

At my station however, the local Liberal Democratic Party candidate was blasting a last appeal to the voters. And being Saturday evening, just as everyone is returning home, seemed to draw a crowd. This is the party of the Prime Minister Mr Abe whose popularity has taken a pummelling recently...for reasons I won't go into here, it is not that type of blog... 

The view from above

All listening

Putting his name out there

Lining the stairs

Last appeal

Thank you


I await with interest the results tomorrow. Much is at stake for quite a few politicians and their reputations. But I won't go into that here...


[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 7.27pm-7.31pm; 1 July 2017]