Monday 3 July 2017

Day 183, 2 Jul 2017: How a walk by the Bay...

Day 183: ...turns into work...

It wasn't supposed to be like that of course. I planned a pleasant afternoon somewhere, anywhere while I awaited the election results tonight at 8.00pm. For sheer convenience, I just hopped on the train at the local station and headed to Yokohama, Minato Mirai, more specifically. The train goes all the way there, no changes, rather convenient. 

So I was strolling along the footpath towards the famous red brick warehouses which have been converted to shops and restaurants (a bit like the Brisbane River revival for those dear readers in Brisbane) when I spied the migration museum...happened to have an exhibition of Japanese migration to the Americas around the era I happen to be researching with regard to Australia...hmm, I shall return. 

Then it was on to the warehouses, the park, the wheel, the stroll...

Let us out!

The looming wheel 

Reaching for the sky

Roller

Immigrants' suitcases

...and some of the contents

Yokohama Bridge

Red brick warehouses in the distance

...with hint of moon

Revamped

Seated, watching

getting a pic

Old and new

Mood

Awning

Flower garden

with ants

Red Bricks and hydrangeas

Busy B

Hydrangeas

Afternoon light

Sunset wheel 

Partial rainbow

Fun park

Lift off

Yokohama Cosmo

Woodstock was here


...home again to watch the election results unfold. A big win for Governor Koike and her new party. Much grist for the research mill. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.16pm*-7.21pm; 2 July 2017; 
*which means either the clock on the wheel or the date stamp on my camera is wrong... ]