Sunday 9 July 2017

Day 190, 9 Jul 2017: That feeling when...

Day 190: ...you get there just a little early

I do seem to have inherited that Japanese habit of being punctual, arriving on time, eschewing lateness. That was apparent yesterday with the not quite full moon play. And today, with it being about time for the lotus flowers to bloom at Ueno Park, away I went. But, I was just a few seconds short of a minute to catch them in all their blooming glory. 

I get myself to Ueno park every so often on a weekend afternoon, just to get out and about. It is a huge park that also includes a zoo and a number of art institutes and the lotus pond. 

Ueno tends to be more famous for its cherry blossoms in April while the lotus flowers tend to fly under the radar a bit...

Nonetheless, even not quite in full bloom, they make stunning subjects,* even on junior cam. (*How to choose just a few from 68 shots??)

The first one

Lord of the pond

Reflection

Can't wait

One petal at a time

Ruffles

Just through

All done here

Follow me

Landed

Feed me!

In close

Almost ready

The information signage, where Australia gets a mention

Peeking through the shadows

Breathing out

Pink

Just waiting

Petal boat

Just a little closer

Bar work

No fishing

Is it a fish? A tortoise? A baby croc?

Tonight, we're full


I don't really understand why the cherry blossoms get all the attention: light, colour, water, reflections...it's all there with the lotus flowers. I guess I'll just have to get myself back there later this week. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.50pm-6.01pm, 8.10pm; 9 July 2017]