Saturday 15 July 2017

Day 194, 13 Jul 2017: The clean, green grass...

Day 194: ...not quite of home

Oe of life's chores I really enjoy is mowing the lawn. But wait, you ask, how do you mow the lawn in Tokyo? 

Well, I don't of course. Though I'd like to... I mostly like that at the end of the one or two hours of solid work you can see the results, the fruits of your labour. One or two solid hours at my academic work might produce just one or two sentences of words on the way to an article or book...the final product a long way off. 

So when the first thing I spotted out the window this morning was the park below with freshly clipped grass, I got all nostalgic for my backyard. 

Things of home

A little choppy out there

Bringing it in

Hull

Prof Anita and the students


And by the end of the day, our first writing and reading workshop with Profs Anita Heiss and Sandra Phillips had kicked off and we were on the way to a week of wonderful engagement with the students. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.14pm, 3.28pm-3.40pm; iPad, 5.34pm; 15 July 2017]