Sunday 16 July 2017

Day 196, 15 Jul 2017: So, on a (Minnie) Saturday...

Day 196: ...I go to the office

No, wait, let's rewind. Normally, on a Saturday, I will often head to the office to do some writing or catch-up work or similar. Take in the view. Watch the ships pass in the night day.

Today though, with our visiting professors Dr Anita Heiss and Dr Sandra Phillips, what better way to spend a day in a week of intensive workshops than at Disneyland. 

The Tokyo version of the famous park is just a couple of train stations away from the University and for me it had been some 32 years or so since I last visited.

But some things never change...

Sunny day ahead, on the way to the bus

Welcome at the front gate

Sunflower to match

Mickey on the drum, Cinderella in the background

It is summer festival time, even at Disney

Headbands in sync

A perfect blue sky day

Festival parade

Dancing through the park

Happiness

Happiness too

Happiness three

Japan/Disney

The perfect sky

So someone said they saw me talking to a purple giraffe, I deny that of course

Choices 

Strike up the band

Waterfalls

Hanging out the washing

Daisy Duck

That sky

The pastels

Fairy tales are here

Yes, a good day


It truly is a happy place and credit to the staff there--everyone smiled, laughed and made sure the magic always happens...

I am grateful for my friendship withe these two wonderful women, Sandra and Anita...thank you for getting me out of the office. 

(Now, let me just calculate that Annual Passport cost, two stations away from the uni, 52 Saturdays in a year...hmm, hello, I think I must be going...)

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 10.31am, 1.41pm-3.36pm; 16 July 2017]