Sunday 17 September 2017

Day 253.2, 10 Sep 2017: Helsinki 3...What to do next...

Day 253.2: ...all the touristy things

So back in town, after the visit to Ainola. All I want to do is sit and think about what I've just seen. Not just a first to Ainola, but, I think, the first time I've really set such a goal for a trip...and it is done. 

I spent a little time wandering around the railway square. being a Sunday, the main buildings weren't open for access, or if they were, I didn't really want to disrupt the Ainola memories for today. 

So, I just wandered. And looked through some shops...


Grand entrance, Central Station

Guardians, of sorts

Guardian, of another sort

Elegance, museum style

Gothic, church style

though converted to a museum of sorts

Grand central clock tower

My Ainola pin, for concerts, a crane

Shopping trip produced a Finnish version of Kant's Perpetual Peace, 'cos there has to be some work...



And then, back on the tram, back to Kallio...for there is another day to plan.

[Camera : Lumix 3.26pm-3.37pm; iPhone6s, 4.41pm, 5.24pm; 10 September 2017]