Sunday 24 September 2017

Day 264, 21 Sep 2017: Clear blue skies...

Day 264: ...as fas as you can see

The summer heat is dissipating, the autumn tinges are approaching. Although we are not quite done with the hot weather yet, there are signs of autumn. 

Today was just one of those stunning clear blue sky days where, from the office, I can almost see home, by which I mean Brisbane (which is of course a slight exaggeration, but only slight). 

Today was the first day of one of those very important classes, students joining their first political science seminar to find out what it is all about. Some already have clear ideas about why they want to study politics, others are a little less sure. It is important for me because it is this point in their academic studies where they can really 'get it' or decide to give it away...it is a bit if a responsibility. And a challenge.

But I quite like it.

Clear blue, with a touch of cloud

You can see as far as...

Zigged, zagged

What to do...?

It'll be alright

Coming down



Days like this are truly one of those 'if only I knew then what I knew now', transport the now me back to the then me, and join today's students and say...it'll be alright. It will all work out. Keep your eyes on the blue skies. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.49am-11.50am, 1.15pm-1.16pm, 1.41pm; 21 September 2017]