Saturday 30 December 2017

Day 363, 29 Dec 2017: A spot of rain here...

Day 363: ...a drop of rain there

I like coming home, I am lucky I can come home three or four times a year. It is a stark contrast with my student days when a two-year stint in Tokyo meant just that, two years, no chance to come home. No skype, email, facetime etc either; it was old-style letters, even 'tapes' made for the tech-savvy. I am lucky, except for the winter-summer switch. Cold to hot, cold to steamy...

But then the rain. And the rain cools things down just a bit....


The drops and sunlight

Hanging in there

Straight up

Frangipanis

Unfurling


...and makes for good pics. These ones early in the morning, before the sun dried up the drops and before mum and I hit the shops for all that necessary post-Christmas retail therapy (and related matters). 

True stuff: it is good to be home rain, hail, shine or humidity. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 6.27am-6.29am; 29 December 2017]