Sunday 14 January 2018

Day 13/365: An indulgence...

...a reward for a task done

I'm still a bit old school when it comes to the price of a hamburger. Having spent time in my youth working in a shop that made all sorts of burgers, I still find it hard to part with more than say, $4.55 for a hamburger with the lot and a bottle of chocolate milk...as I said, old school. I marvelled at the ridiculous prices for 'artisanal' burgers back home for the cost of what I once would have spent on the weekly shopping bill. Seriously? It's just a burger...

But there is one place in Ikebukuro I have passed by a few times in the course of an ordinary day: artisanal, juices, coleslaw...looks good, looks expensive...

But today, after my second clarinet rehearsal with my new group, I figured, heck, why not. It is way past lunchtime, on the way to dinner time so I can do two birds with one stone as it were...

At the bus stop, 6 deg C

Passers-by

H is for...

Hamburger!


And as hamburgers go, with a rissole to make your eyes go all misty for the rissoles mum makes...this one was up there, well worth it. In the end, the juice cost more than the burger so that makes it a cheap burger really, doesn't it. Doesn't it?

It just might become a fortnightly indulgence.

[Camera : iPhone6s, 12.56pm, 4.00pm-4.11pm; 13 January 2018]